Chamber Benefits and Marketing Tools:
- Chamber Business Journal: Distributed to approximately 5,000 McPherson Sentinel subscribers and archived on this website.
New Member Incentive: As a new member a descriptive paragraph about your company will be included in the publication.
- Welcome to McPherson Gift Bags New residents in McPherson are encouraged to pick up a welcome packet with information on McPherson. Members are invited to include an item that will promote their business at no charge. Over 100 Welcome Packets are distributed each year.
- McNews: This newsletter is emailed to over 1100 Chamber members and posted on Facebook for all to view. The McNews is a weekly publication designed to keep members informed with Chamber meetings, events and member announcements. Included is a business spotlight of the Chamber Coffee host, new member introductions and member news.
- Referral Service: The Chamber office receives hundreds of inquiries each month requesting referrals of local businesses. The McPherson Chamber of Commerce ALWAYS refers MEMBERS first!
- Website Listing & Links: All members are listed alphabetically and by category on the McPherson Chamber website. Listings include contact information and links to member websites, Facebook page, map and phone link. Make your online Chamber membership listing really STAND OUT with options to add a yellow highlight to the background of your member directory listing, include your business logo, or sponsor a business search category.
- ChamberCheck Program: Checks issued as gift certificates are redeemable only with those Chamber members who are listed on the check. This is a great way to keep shopping dollars in McPherson. Annual fee $25.00. Approximately 1,800 checks, valuing over $55,000 are issued each year.
New Member Incentive: No charge to be listed on the Chamberchecks during first year of membership.
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony The Chamber will host this ceremony for new members or those who have expanded or relocated. A great way to let people know who you are, what you do, and where you are. A picture is also printed in the local newspapers.
- Chamber Weekly Coffee: Hosting a Chamber Coffee is a great opportunity to share information about your business, products and services to potential customers and an informal way to get people into your door. Be sure to attend all the coffee’s to learn more about the various hosts and make more business connections. Coffee’s are held every Thursday morning at 9:30. To accommodate different schedules a Business After Hours can be scheduled instead. Pick a day and time that best suits your company and have a come and go event.
- Committee Participation The Chamber has a list of active committees that host and plan events to address community issues for the continued quality of life in McPherson. Join in the planning and get involved.
- McPherson County Community Events Calendar The Chamber organizes the McPherson Community Calendar that is printed each week in the McPherson Sentinel and posted on the Chamber Website. As a member, you can have the calendar of events emailed to you weekly that contains all of the upcoming events. This list is ongoing and contains events that are happening throughout the year.
- Chamber Sponsored Events & Sponsorships Events are held throughout the year featuring a wide variety of topics on issues of importance and interest to the McPherson community. There are several opportunities to be listed as a supporter/ contributor of the different events and activities. Special advertising promotions are made available as a cooperative effort among our members and it is a great way to get involved and work with other members.
- Television Advertising As a Chamber member, you can take advantage of the great marketing opportunity to promote your business or organization with TV commercials; affordable cooperative advertising! A collaboration with McPherson Main Street and KAKE Channel 10.
- Education & Training The Chamber works to schedule a wide variety of seminars that provide training and education opportunities for you and your employees.
- Employees are Members TOO! When you join the Chamber, your employees join too. Employees that are better informed are connected to the McPherson Community.
- Plan Room: When the Chamber receives building plans for projects in the area, we send out a notice to the building and construction members. The members are able to check out the plans for a day, with no charge.
- Membership Address Labels Mailing address labels of all the Chamber members are available for a nominal fee to Chamber members.
- Free use of Conference Room The use of the conference room is free to members for any type of activity. No sales are permitted.
- Membership is Tax Deductible: Membership to the Chamber is 100% deductible as a necessary business expense.
- Membership Plaque & Window Decal: Members of the Chamber are presented a plaque and window decal and encouraged to display it in a prominent place. The plaque and window decal signifies the business’s involvement in the community and support of the Chamber.