25 May Member Spotlight- studio316 fitness
Don’t be intimidated by working out or working on a better you. At studio316 fitness, owner and nationally certified group fitness instructor Heather Koehn, along with her husband Milford, have created a bright welcoming studio at 113 W. First. Inspired fitness in an encouraging environment. Heather keeps it interesting by offering a variety of unique and energetic Les Mills group fitness classes, Barre and Gentle Yoga. The nationally recognized Les Mills classes include BODYPUMP, BODYCOMBAT, BODYSTEP and CXWORX.
They sound impressive, right, but what exactly are you signing up for? Here is the scoop:
• BODYPUMP isn’t about trying to max out with weight lifting, rather it focuses on lower weight loads and high repetition movements to tone, shape and produce lean muscle
• BODYCOMBAT “is a high-energy martial arts-inspired workout.” De-stress and have fun with non-contact moves from Taekwondo, Kung Fu and others. Also helps with coordination.
• BODYSTEP is a “full-body cardio workout with attitude.” May involve burpees and pushups but it really tones the full body and it’s a work out with “rhythm and flair.”
• CXWORX- works with resistance tubes and weight plates as well as utilizing exercises like crunches and hovers to strengthen the core.
• Barre – is not a Les Mills fitness class but is offered by studio316 fitness as a challenging workout to firm and tighten your body with a mixture of ballet, yoga and Pilates movements.
These judgement-free group fitness classes for women are offered before and after a typical workday and on weekends too. Sign up for a class or 5, 10 or unlimited. First class is FREE! For more information, call studio316 fitness at 620-755-0175, email email@example.com or check out the studio316 fitness Facebook page. See pictures for the Chamber Connections and Ribbon Cutting on the Chamber Facebook page.