Aug 16, 2016 Become a Champion for a Stronger Workforce- ACT Work Ready Communities
Businesses play an important leadership role in all communities they are located. And like any good corporate citizen, businesses are willing to make the investment necessary to build a strong workforce with the skills employers need in today’s global economy.
The McPherson County certified work ready communities initiative (herein “iWORK), in partnership with ACT Work Ready Communities and powered by the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC), helps individuals document and improve their skills and paves the way to better jobs and higher wages. It’s helping employers make better hiring decisions, resulting in reduced training time and cost, lower turnover and higher productivity. And it’s helping communities measure and close skills gaps and market the quality of their workforce.
How can a business benefit from being a Champion?
- Hire the best – hire work ready employees
- Reduce turnover
- Reduce hiring costs
- Improve productivity
- Identify skills gaps in your workforce
- Develop your future workforce with succession planning
- Effectively and efficiently manage human capital
- Access to industry and job category competency models
- Access to job-specific job profiles with associated skill levels
- Validated test to ensure HR compliance
- Over 30 years of workforce development research at your fingertips
- Separate your business from the competition
If you are interested in supporting the McPherson County iWORK initiative and taking a stand for a stronger workforce, please consider becoming an iWORK Champion. By being an iWORK Champion, you will be leading by example – and helping your own business, other businesses and ultimately the McPherson community, county and state as a whole. As an iWORK Champion, your business agrees to allow the name of your business to be included in public awareness efforts (including ACT website, KansasWorks website, presentations, print, and electronic media) by iWORK representatives.
Please join the following employers who are embracing a common language around workforce skill requirements and recognizes that it is a crucial part of the Certified Work Ready Communities effort. Community goals include a measure of business engagement.
These businesses agree to RECOGNIZE the National Career Readiness Certificate as one tool in their hiring, promotion and training practices.
- Battenfeld-Cincinnati USA, Chemstar Products, Archrock Services LP, LSI Staffing Inc., McPherson County, City of McPherson, McPherson Business Solutions, Viega, Welco Services, Inc. and the McPherson Chamber of Commerce.
These businesses agree to RECOMMEND and prefer that candidates have earned the National Career Readiness Certificate as one tool in hiring, promotion and training practices and prefer that candidates have earned a certificate.
- Board of Public Utilities, Mid Kansas Machine, MKC, and Aero Transportation Products
These businesses REQUIRE the National Career Readiness Certificate as one tool in their hiring, promotion and training practices.
- Johns-Manville and CHS
If you would like more information about becoming a iWORK Champion and how utilizing the NCRC in your hiring process, please feel free to contact Jennifer at 241-3303.