Looking for Ambassadors-Do You Have the Right Stuff?
The McPherson Chamber of Commerce is looking for enthusiastic, high energy members who enjoy meeting new people and having fun to fill the position of the Ambassadors, which is part of the Chamber’s business outreach efforts and the public relations arm of the Chamber.
We are seeking individuals who would be interested in serving as Chamber Ambassadors. To be considered for this prestigious position, an ambassador must be a member or employed by a member of the McPherson Chamber of Commerce in good standing for at least a year and have demonstrated an interest in the Chamber of Commerce. Ambassadors must be willing to commit to a 3 year term of service and to devote time each month to be out in the community on behalf of the McPherson Chamber of Commerce.
McPherson Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors are goodwill representatives. They are professional liaisons to the business community and strengthen the Chamber’s relationship to its members and the community. Because all ambassadors are active members of the McPherson Chamber of Commerce, they provide an important member-to-member link, understanding and responding to member needs as only another member can.
Ribbon Cuttings The McPherson Chamber of Commerce welcomes the opportunity to conduct ribbon cuttings for the following Chamber members: new business in McPherson, new owners(s) of an existing business, and relocation or major expansion of a business.
- Emcee ceremony (Gets you and your business in the spotlight!)
- Contact Chamber member and get brief history or background to make proper introductions (Great opportunity to get one on one with a prospect client/customer)
- Review ribbon cutting procedures with members; indoor/outdoor ceremony, refreshments (Building that business relationship!)
- Assist in the ribbon cutting ceremony (In the Spotlight!)
- Attend monthly committee meeting – 1st Tuesday of each month at 12:00 at the Chamber office (Committee meets September through June)
- Make contact with (3) different Chamber members each month and report on visit at the monthly Ambassador meeting
- Attend other/volunteers at Chamber functions such as; Chamber Weekly Coffees, Chamber Academy Workshops, When Pigs Fly, Rural Appreciation, Farm Forum, Chamber Business After Hours/Annual Meeting/Expo, etc.
- Share opportunities about Chamber membership with new businesses
- Participate in a Chamber membership drive. Bring potential new members as guests to Chamber functions