31 Oct Now Hiring: Executive Assistant for the McPherson Chamber of Commerce
The Executive Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director. Must be enthusiastic in supporting the Chamber’s mission and be knowledgeable of the community. Qualified applicant needs to be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful. QuickBooks experience is required, and familiarity with Microsoft Office a plus. Will assist with event planning and creative marketing, maintain membership records, and be responsible for accounts receivable and payable. The assistant position also requires good written and communication skills, and a proficiency in the social media platforms of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The executive assistant is a full time position with the potential for occasional evening and weekend hours. Hourly wages are $13-15/hour dependent on experience. Discretion and confidentiality will need to be exercised at all times. A detailed job description can be found below. Please submit a cover letter and resume to the McPherson Chamber of Commerce office at 306 N. Main, McPherson or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description : Executive Assistant/Full Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Specific Duties: as directed by the Executive Director
Chamber Sponsored Events
- Schedule and plan the agenda for Ribbon Cutting ceremonies
- Assist with the following events, but not limited to: Chamber Classic Golf Tournament, Rural Appreciation, Farm Forum, Chamber Retreat, Chamber Annual Meeting, Ribbon Cutting Ceremony’s, Legislative Coffees, Candidate Forums, Leadership Alumni Events, Leadership Class, weekly Chamber Connections and committee meetings
- Keep record of reservations, who attended/paid and unpaid
- Design flyers or invitations and programs for events
- Post Chamber events & other marketing, promotional, news releases, information on the Chamber website, Chamber Facebook page and other social media platforms.
- OMEGA Award – correspondence of nominations, news releases, letters & presentation forms.
- Represent the Chamber by attending various meetings and speaking at Chamber Connections when needed.
- Maintain current Chamber membership records
- Membership billing (annual, semi-annual, quarterly & monthly) records
- Post payments to proper member
- Keep past due, paid accounts & other reports current
- Send invoices for sponsorships, lunches, e-newsletter advertisements, membership investment, etc.
- Keep membership directory and community business directory current on CC Assist and website
- Keep QuickBooks accounts and check registers current
- Pay bills on the 15th and last day of the month or as needed
- Prepare checks, get two signatures and mail in a timely manner
- Prepare income/expense reports after the completion of each Chamber event
- Invoice interoffice expenses
- Notify committee members of meetings as needed
- Maintain office equipment and inventory of office supplies
- Answer phone and assist visitors to the office
- Process mail
- Maintain Chamber website with news releases & updated information
- Assist with weekly E-Newsletter preparation & editing
- Maintain updated email list of Chamber membership in CC-Assist and Constant Contact
- Write summary article about weekly Chamber Connection host