14 Feb Part Time Program Assistant Needed
The McPherson Chamber of Commerce is accepting resumes for the position of part time Program Assistant (approximately 25 hours week). The applicant needs to be knowledgeable with Microsoft Word and Publisher, general secretarial duties, familiar with McPherson and the surrounding area and enjoy working with people. A detailed job description is listed below. Resumes will be accepted until Thursday, February 20th at McPherson Chamber of Commerce, 306 N. Main, P.O. Box 616, McPherson, Kansas 67460 or email to email@example.com.
Program Assistant/Part Time (25 hours/week approximately)
This position will also cover for other staff members who may be out ill or on vacation.
Reports To: Administrative Assistant & Executive Director
Under minimum supervision assists visitors by answering questions, providing literature, answer & direct them to the proper staff or destinations. Know Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Word, Facebook posting, Constant Contact, email marketing, data entry, and general secretarial duties. Good writing and communication skills.
Discretion and confidentiality will need to be exercised at all times.
Specific Duties – as directed by the Administrative Assistant & Executive Director
Chamber Sponsored Events
- Assist with the following events, but not limited to: Business After Hours, Chamber Weekly Coffee’s, Tartan Turkey Golf Tournament, When Pigs Fly BBQ Contest & Fly In, Rural Appreciation, Farm Forum, Chamber Annual Event, Ribbon Cutting Ceremony’s, Legislative Coffees and others.
- Maintain current information on handouts provided in the Relocation and Membership Packets.
- Keep brochures, handouts up to date.
- Update websites; www.mcphersonks.org and www.mcphersonchamber.org
- Collect and research information to be updated for weekly Community Calendar to McPherson Sentinel and provide copies for office organizations.
- Post on McPherson Chamber’s Facebook page, of Chamber and member happenings
- Organize and create the weekly Monday Chamber E-Newsletter; review and track open rates
- Maintain and update membership rolodex and email addresses
- Email/call committee members the day before meeting for committee reminders
- Receipt money received for all Chamber functions, products or services.
- On a monthly basis print out copy machine usage and bill office agencies for copier use.
- File receipts and other bills as needed
- Inventory of office supplies
- Answer phone and assist visitors in the office
- Greet visitors, distribute maps, literature, brochures and information.
- Maintain inventory & updates of publications/handouts available; SBC phone books, Fiest Directories, Industry Directories, Real Estate/Rental Members, Organizations, Churches, Member Contractors/Builders, etc.
- Assist in occasional bulk mailings by proofing, copying, folding, address envelopes, collate materials for mailing.
- Keep Membership and Relocation packets made up for distribution.
- Prepare ChamberCheck orders as needed, log and receipt.
- Miscellaneous filing files; Committees, Special Events, Publications, Reports, etc.
- Retrieve and distribute mail for (Chamber, Main Street, United Way & Convention & Visitors Bureau)
- Cut out Chamber events published in newspaper; place in scrapbook
- Create new publications, flyers, invites, etc as needed
- Occasionally attend Committee meetings in place of Executive Director or Administrative Assistant
- Assist in editing of Chamber@Work newsletter, published monthly in the McPherson Sentinel.