01 Apr Ready, Set, Go…Virtual Egg Hunt
The McPherson Chamber Virtual Egg Hunt is intended to be an uplifting activity for the entire community while promoting the on-line presence of our local businesses and organizations and adhering to stay-at-home guidelines. Everyone from 2-102 is encouraged to participate for fun, and a chance to win a $100 gift basket.
Here is how it works:
• Search for virtual eggs posted on McPherson Chamber member websites and social media pages. The concept is like I Spy. The virtual eggs are posted in some rather ingenious places, so keep hunting because you may not find it on the main page. Hint: There is only one virtual egg per participating business or organization.
• While you are searching, spend a little time reading the “about” on their website, browse through their online store, check out their picture albums on Facebook, and maybe even give them a shout-out on social media. It’s one more way to support local.
• When you find a virtual egg, take a screenshot or take a picture of it with another phone, or however you can capture the virtual egg. The screenshot must have some identifying content of where you found it.
• Once you have collected screenshots of 6 (that’s half a dozen) different virtual eggs, email them to email@example.com by 8:00 a.m. Monday, April 13th.
• If you are really engaged and find dozens of virtual eggs, you can enter more than once, but each entry must contain 6 screenshots from completely different businesses or organizations from your other entries.
• Qualifying submissions will be entered to win a special gift basket valued at $100 from the McPherson Chamber containing items or gift cards from local businesses. Winner will be announced April 13th.
Let the search begin at these participating Chamber members: United Way of McPherson County, Twice Told Tales, MPNaz- A Church of the Nazarene, Steps To End Poverty of McPherson County, Three Rings Brewery, McPherson Buzz, Express Employment Professionals, Craft Coffee Parlor, Atelier Design & Print, CK Pharmacy – McPherson, Emprise Bank, Multi Community Diversified Services, Sunflower Mercantile, Steve Bahr Agency – American Family Insurance, Mid Kansas Dental, Hassman Termite & Pest Control, Advanced Physical Therapy, Northgate Manor – McPherson, Scooter’s Coffee – McPherson, Journey Mennonite Church – McPherson, Mt. Hope Sanctuary, Amy Ayers – Farm Bureau Financial Services, McPherson Family YMCA, and Rise Private Wealth Management. If you need some hints on how to connect with their website and Facebook, check out the business directory on the McPherson Chamber of Commerce website.
The McPherson Chamber is committed to helping our community succeed and we hope you have FUN with this unique way of supporting local.