02 Apr Resource Tool Kit to Navigate COVID 19
With constant change and information updates, we have put together a page of resource links to help you connect with what you may need. We will update the information as we become aware of changes or new resources. Please feel free to reach out to the McPherson Chamber of Commerce at 620-241-3303 or email@example.com if you need information on additional resources or have questions. We are in this together!
A local business directory and contact information is available on the McPherson Chamber of Commerce website.
- MCCF COVID-19 Fund– The McPherson County Community Foundation has set up a COVID-19 Fund to be a resource for area organizations and residents as they work through the effects of the COVID-19 crisis. Donate at this link, or mail check to MCCF, P.O. Box 822, McPherson, KS 67460. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about donating or assistance from the COVID -19 Fund.
- USD #418 Meal Program- The McPherson USD 418 started the Nutrition Services Meal Program for families to pick up lunch and breakfast through walk up or drive-thru meal service for children ages 1 to 18. Meal Program Information
- UW Community Response and Recovery Fund created by the United Way of McPherson County to assist McPherson County residents in dealing with the effects of COVID-19. Contributions will help individuals and families in McPherson County with basic needs. Contributions to the fund may be mailed to United Way of McPherson County, Post Office Box 55, McPherson, 67460. Gifts can also be made online at www.unitedwaymcpherson.org, click on donate and selecting the Community Response and Recovery Fund. For questions about assistance, you can reach United Way of McPherson County at (620) 241-5251 or email@example.com. The United Way’s national information and referral hotline is 2-1-1 is a resource for Kansans to access information for health and social service programs, including childcare, health and mental healthcare information, food assistance and questions about COVID-19. You can also text 898211 for information and assistance.
Business Assistance Resources
With the information overload and continual modifications to assistance, we found this SBA google doc spreadsheet to be helpful in comparing your SBA options.
Economic Injury Disaster Loan and EIDL Advance– SBA now has a streamlined application process with no requirement for tax returns, financial statements, etc. The one application covers the request for the EIDL loan and the EIDL advance. Here is the link for the EIDL application: https://covid19relief.sba.gov/.
Paycheck Protection Program– Businesses may visit with their local bank or any approved SBA 7a lender to access the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). This program is not administered by the Office of Disaster Assistance. Second round of funding approved 4/23/2020.
SBA’s Customer Service Center– To check the status of a loan application or advance, please call SBA’s Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCKEDD Disaster Relief Program (SDRP) (as of 4/24/2020) The SDRP loan funds are up to a maximum $25,000 for established businesses in need of working cash for disaster relief purposes. Information and link to application is available at www.sckedd.org
Save Small Business Grant Fund –Launched (4/20/2020) by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation. The program provided supplemental grants to small employers. Unfortunately the application went live on April 20, 2020 and the funds were depleted within minutes.
Kansas COVID-19 Resource Center for business owners seeking quick access to the information and tools they need to navigate and mitigate the impact of coronavirus in our state. Kansas Together website
Stay Healthy – Stay Strong
We thought you could use these direct links to several of our chamber member services.
- Mental Health Resources – Client Centered Counseling (620)-241-2300; Prairie View (800) 992-6292
- Spiritual Health Resources –Awaken Church (620) 654-6131; Countryside Covenant Church (620) 241-4499; First Mennonite Church of McPherson (620) 241-4040;
First United Methodist Church (620) 241-3626; Harmony Christian Church (620) 755-8335; Journey Mennonite Church (620) 663-4244; MPNaz- A Church of the Nazarene (620) 241-2675
- Health Care Resources–McPherson Center for Health (620) 241-2250; Hutchinson Clinic (620) 504-6530; GraceMed (620) 504-6187; Partners In Family Care (620) 242-0404; Great Plains Family Medicine (620) 504-6002
- Fitness Centers BuySupps Training Facility (620)-755-2661; CT FIT 24 (620) 504-6000; Mac-Town CrossFit (620) 755-1905; McPherson Family YMCA (620) 241-0363
We know there are tons of great ideas and links geared toward virtual field trips and learning opportunities, but we wanted to share a few local programs we are aware of.
- Virtual Storytime– The McPherson Public Library Youth Service will be pre-recording stories on their Facebook page, as well as sharing resources for kid activities to keep learning while schools are closed.
- Virtual 4-H hosted by the K-State Research & Extension Office. ALL youth are invited to join in for learning – through crafts, science and other hands-on activities on the McPherson County 4-H Facebook page each day at 1:30 p.m.
- Y-Kids– McPherson Family YMCA to restart Y-Kids March 30th. Specific guidelines will be in place to benefit children and staff. Call 620-241-0363 or email email@example.com for more information.
Local Small Business-to-Business Resources
- Swindoll, Janzen, Hawk & Loyd Advisory Team wants to be a resource for small businesses in McPherson. If you are a business owner and need guidance and help, please reach out to Caitlin Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org She will connect you with one of their Coach’s and set up a call or Facetime to go over your concerns, free of charge.
- Nex-Tech has created Tools You Need to Work Remotely with video tutorials and a Remote Work Survival Toolkit.
- Reach Solutions Inc. shared their IT knowledge and skills to help our community adapt to working remotely, security measures to take, and recommendations for video conferencing at this link.
- Gilmore Solutions suggest these Business Productive Tools to help you with remote access ideas, video conferencing solutions and file sharing options to get you through this difficult time.