Celebration of Agriculture in McPherson County
The McPherson Chamber of Commerce Agriculture Committee will host the Rural Appreciation Picnic on Friday, July 27th beginning at 5:30 pm.-7:00 p.m. during the 4-H Fair at the 4-H Fairgrounds, located at 600 W. Woodside. The 49 year tradition of the Rural Appreciation is to celebrate the wheat harvest of the county. Here are a few agriculture facts about our county:
- Crop production includes 210,300 acres of wheat and 129,400 of other crops.
- 35,000 acres are irrigated
- 1,147 farms/US 2,109,303
- Average farm size 498 acres/US 434 acres
- 71.6% of McPherson County is cropland
- 1.4% Woodland
- 61.5% oilseed & grain farming
- 13.4% beef cattle & farm
- 15.5% other crop farming
- 1.7% sheep & goat
- 1.2% poultry & egg production
- .7% hog & pig production
- .3% dairy cattle & milk production
Join us to celebrate the ag producers of our county and to take in the 4-H Fair. Tickets for the picnic will be available at area sponsors.