16 Dec Work for the Chamber and Help Us Make a Difference
Now accepting resume’s for the EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT Position
The Executive Assistant must be enthusiastic in supporting the Chamber’s mission and be knowledgeable of the community. Qualified applicant needs to be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, resourceful and have excellent interpersonal skills. The Executive Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director and represent the organization in a positive, professional manner.
The Executive Assistant will manage the Chamber’s marketing and communications including printed brochures, web-based outreach, and social marketing. The position requires good verbal and written communications with high attention to detail, strong graphic design and digital media skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Canva, Constant Contact, and WordPress website management tools.
QuickBooks experience is required to maintain the accuracy of the Chamber’s accounts payable and receivables. The Executive Assistant will also maintain updated membership records and assist with all stages of event planning, marketing, execution, and follow-up.
The Executive Assistant is a full-time position with the potential for occasional evening and weekend hours. Hourly wages are $15-17/hour dependent on experience. Benefits: flexible work environment, holiday pay (eligible immediately), health insurance stipend (eligible after 60 days), accrued sick leave (eligible after 6 months), and eligible for paid vacation time and 401 (k) after 1-year of employment. Discretion and confidentiality will need to be exercised at all times. A detailed job description can be found below.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to the McPherson Chamber of Commerce office at 306 N. Main, McPherson, or email to email@example.com
Responsibilities & Description: Executive Assistant/Full Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Specific Duties: as directed by the Executive Director
Marketing and Communication–The Executive Assistant will assist with all marketing and communications in cooperation with the Executive Director.
- Develop printed marketing materials including membership fliers and Welcome to McPherson materials.
- Oversee the Chamber’s social media presence. Create, post, and share information for new members, events, and other marketing or promotional news on the Chamber Facebook page and other social media platforms.
- Update Chamber website with news releases & information.
- Prepare and edit weekly E-Newsletter with Chamber news, member job openings, buzz about business, and member events.
- Design ads for weekly E-Newsletter.
- Design bi-monthly page for McPherson County Plus.
- Create Ribbon Cutting agendas and coordinate with event participants.
- Assist with photographing all Chamber events and the posting of photos on social media.
- Write a summary article about the weekly Chamber Connection host.
- Maintain effective communication and positive relationships with membership, board of directors, volunteers, and community.
Events –The Executive Assist will exercise discretion and a passion-for-service attitude for all Chamber events from the early planning stages through execution and event follow-up.
- Work closely with Executive Director to plan all membership events for the year including but not limited to: Chamber Classic Golf Tournament, Rural Appreciation Picnic, Farm Forum, Chamber Retreat, Chamber Annual Meeting, Ribbon Cutting Ceremony’s, Legislative Coffees, Candidate Forums, Leadership Alumni Events, Leadership Class, OMEGA Award, weekly Chamber Connections, and committee meetings.
- Design flyers, invitations, and programs for events.
- Keep record of reservations, who attended/paid and unpaid.
- Schedule and plan the agenda for Ribbon Cutting ceremonies, prepare first-dollar of profit, and transport props needed for ceremony.
- OMEGA- correspondence of nominations, news releases, letters & presentation forms. Present awards during May Fete activities.
- Represent the Chamber by attending various meetings and speaking at Chamber Connections when needed.
- Manage technology and equipment setup for regular and special events.
- Prepare income/expense reports after the completion of each Chamber event.
- QuickBooks Online
- Record payments and keep QuickBooks accounts current.
- Prepare checks for accounts payable, get signatures and mail in a timely manner.
- Reconcile all accounts monthly and send documents to accountant.
- Responsible for invoicing, recording payments, past due accounts and & keeping reports current for membership dues.
- Prepare and send invoices for sponsorships, events, e-newsletter advertisements, and miscellaneous member activities and opportunities.
- Invoice office expenses.
- Continual updates to Chamber membership records including the email list of Chamber membership in CC-Assist and Constant Contact.
- Keep membership directory and community business directory current on CC- Assist and website.
- Notify committee members of meetings as needed.
- Maintain office equipment and inventory of office supplies
- Answer phone, process mail, and assist visitors to the office.
- Prepare minutes for monthly board meeting and various Chamber committees as needed.
This position primarily consists of in-office and occasional on-site event management, and interpersonal communications. Candidates must be able to communicate easily with staff, members, and partners. Some limited lifting up to 40 pounds and moderate physically strenuous activities are associated with this position in relation to preparing for membership events, which may include: moving tables and chairs, occasional travel within McPherson County by car to visit businesses or tour facilities, and adequate time prior, during, and after events ensuring appropriate preparation, and facility setup and disassemble as needed.
Join Our Team!
McPherson Chamber of Commerce Mission: Visionary Leadership Promoting a Vibrant Business Community and Enhanced Quality of Life.