17 Jan Hiring: Member & Community Relations Assistant
We are looking for a positive personality to join our team. If you ENJOY working with people, have great communication (written and verbal) skills, are efficient with computer software and social media, reliable, resourceful, and passionate about promoting our community, apply for the Member & Community Relations Assistant position!
The Member & Community Relations Assistant is a part time position, approximately 25 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8 am-1 pm with the occasional afternoon or evening event. Ideal candidate would have the flexibility to fill in for vacation or sick leave of co-workers. This position receives holiday pay if it falls on a scheduled workday, and after one year of employment, is eligible to receive vacation pay.
Job Responsibilities & Qualifications
Computer, Social Media, and Written Skills -Looking for someone who is creative and accurate.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software (Publisher, Word, Excel etc.) that is used daily for various applications, including literature for welcome and membership packets.
• Requires organization, multi-tasking, and motivation to complete various administrative tasks.
• This position will be responsible to take pictures and post Chamber Connection/Ribbon Cutting/and Event photos with captions to Facebook and compose member spotlight articles for the Chamber e-newsletter.
• Other tasks include researching and verify events and keeping the on-line community and Chamber calendars current.
Verbal Skills- The Chamber is often the first impression of the community and the information hub.
• An outgoing, caring personality is ideal to communicate and connect with members on a regular basis.
• The Member & Community Relations Assistant will help with all Chamber events and occasional committee meetings.
• Looking for someone who is personable when answering questions about the community by phone, visitors to the office, or emails received.
• Knowledge about McPherson County is a plus!
If you are looking for a welcoming and positive work environment, apply for the Member & Community Relations Assistant position and join the McPherson Chamber of Commerce team, where our mission is “Visionary leadership promoting a vibrant business community and enhanced quality of life.”
Mail or drop off your resume at McPherson Chamber of Commerce, 306 N. Main, P.O. Box 616, McPherson, KS 67460, Attention: Debbie Hawkinson. Or email your resume to email@example.com