28 Apr Seeking a Marketing and Communications Specialist
We are seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual with experience in graphic design and digital media to join our team. The ideal Marketing and Communications Specialist applicant would be organized, resourceful, team-oriented, and willing to try new things. Creativity is a must! This position requires excellent written and verbal communications skills, and a zest for promoting and growing our community.
Essential duties and key responsibilities
- Social Media- Responsible for curating engaging content for all social media channels and writing short copy to reach target audiences. Includes graphics, video, and written content. Creativity is a must!
- Develop and maintain a social media calendar that supports the strategic marketing plan.
- Weekly E-Newsletter content and design
- Design printed publications.
- Create slideshow for annual meeting.
- Website- update content
- Digital Media -content, social and SEO, and the knowledge and creativity to reach All platforms.
- Responsible for photos, captions, and member spotlight from Chamber Connections and other Chamber events.
- Actively communicate with membership.
- Assist with membership recruitment and retention.
- Assist with Chamber events.
- Update Community & Chamber Calendars
- Adept at various graphic design programs and experienced with social media marketing.
- Good time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook)
- Willing to learn and apply new knowledge.
- Well-organized and attentive to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and both verbal and written.
- Must be enthusiastic in supporting the Chamber’s mission: “Visionary Leadership Promoting a Vibrant Business Community and Enhanced Quality of Life.”
- Knowledge of the McPherson area is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
- Flexible hours (Full time, 35-40 hrs. – negotiable for the right person)
- Hourly wages are $16-19 dependent on qualification and experience.
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Retirement Benefits
- Insurance Stipend
- A positive work environment!
If this full-time, benefits-eligible position (where you get to spend your days being creative, social, and promoting our community) sounds of interest to you, send a cover letter, resume with three business references, and examples of your graphic designs to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them off at the McPherson Chamber office, 306 N. Main.